Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
☑ MR: RISK with Zealots
Topic Started: Saturday, 27. June 2009, 04:10 (3,144 Views)
Unregistered

Hi! I can't thank you enough for all these maps. I've had sc since 1998 but lost virtually all my maps through reinstalls, and that sort of thing. Really, thank you. But I looked through your map packs, and unfortunately the risk maps were all risk2- marines, tanks, that sort of thing. Is it possible you have [or anyone who might read this!] one of the very original RISK versions, where the only unit was a zealot? It was popular until about 2006, then...well, fell off the face of the earth from what I can tell.

Thanks for any help, and thank you for collecting all these maps! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

The current online archive is my collection in April. I have since downloaded many more from fansites and databases, but haven't gotten to upload everything again, since now my collection is now 24,000 maps large. This is why there is a request thread, which I would upload maps on-demand.

I've reuploaded all the Risk maps I have to the Conquest category; they have maps from 1999 and onwards--including the Zealot versions
Here is the Risk map pack. :^^:

Note: I edited the thread title so it's more descriptive.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Hi. Thank you for the Risk map pack. I just have to ask a question [I'm not really on any other sc site], do you have any idea why triggers may inexplicably break when I edit Risk versions? Every single version breaks in some way despite all the triggers working. Is this a way of map protection, or a mistake on my end? :S
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

You have to clarify what you mean by "break"--the map doesn't start, people can't join, or triggers do not fire at all? The fact that you can open the map with an editor means it's not protected.

The way you can break the compatibility of maps is by opening one that has unplaceable or non-standard units with a regular editor (Campaign Editor)--which would delete those units. Use the SCMDraft editor to avoid this.

Again, please clarify what "break" means :uhh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Renaka Forum · Next Topic »