Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
☐ MR: Muffin Defense
Topic Started: Wednesday, 19. August 2009, 02:07 (3,994 Views)
xeysz

Hey, first I'd like to thank you for your site. It's helped me recover a lot of great maps that I lost when my hdd failed and I couldn't find these maps anywhere else but here.

However there is one UMS defense game I used to play (Muffin Defense or Defend the Muffin something like that). I only saw it hosted a few times on BNet so it's definitely not a popular game.

Anyway there are six players I think they are set horizontally across the bottom of the map, with each player getting their own box to defend. Monsters come from the top and bottom of the box and the left and right sides of the boxes on the far left and far right. The leaks would go to another area at the top of the map above the players' horizontally set boxes. The leaks would start all the way to the left and then run to the the right in a straight line, and at the very end of that lane would be the muffin, which had to be defended. Players could also defend the lane and kill the leaks before they reached the muffin (which had only 10 lives). A couple of levels or so there'd also be a set of monsters that ran from the top towards the muffin before starting at the players' boxes. Players also could buy different units like in most defense maps and buy minerals to upgrade them.

That's the best I can describe it I'm sure "Muffin" is in the map file name. I'm not sure if it's a scx or scm map though. Also it could be misnamed somewhere so if you ever come across a map like this, hey it would be great if you could add it to your collection.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I don't have any "Muffin Defense" in my collection and couldn't find it on the Internet either :uhh: I guess its obscurity secured its expiration. By the way, telling me the tileset would help a lot (and it's also easier to remember) rather than telling whether it's scm or scx.

Anyway, what made the map so great that you're here to request it? There are thousands of defense maps, hopefully you'll find one that you'd like as much as "Muffin".

xeysz

I guess since neither of us can find it on the Internet the chances that I'll ever be seeing it again are extremely slim. The reason why I was requesting it was when I was looking through all the maps in your packs I saw some really great maps and it reminded me of all the maps I used to play, "Muffin" being one of them. Since it wasn't in your collection I thought "hey there's a request section, may as well drop by a request and see if he knows anything about it."

That being said, I've already found a few interesting maps in your collection... I'm basically hosting maps now that I've never even played myself but have cool descriptions or names. :snicker:

And if you have any suggestions for me I'd be glad to hear them, they never hurt. A few of the maps from the SCMOTD list are ones that I've played a lot and really like so I'll have to play some of the others too and see what I think of them.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate the effort and the fast reply. I hope I didn't bother you! :doh:

Drant
Member Avatar

No problem. I'm guessing that you play UMS quite a lot, do you know some good maps (of any category) that you could recommend for the SCMOTD program?

xeysz

Well a lot of my favorite maps are already listed (The Thing, Phantom, Temple Siege, Sunken/Spore Defense, Path Defense and a bunch of others). Tree Defense version 8.3 is a high quality map that looks like it would fit in with the SCMOTD list. I also noticed there are no "Cat N Mouse" maps, though there are a lot of different Cat N Mouse versions so it would be hard to narrow it down to just one.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Renaka Forum · Next Topic »