Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome; Overview and notes, you can post as guest.
Topic Started: Wednesday, 14. May 2014, 09:59 (8,810 Views)
Drant
Member Avatar

You may use this forum to discuss the GW2Timer website/web application. Click New Thread to start a thread in this forum, or you can just reply here.
Registration is not required.

Notes
If the overlay does not load, please read the troubleshooting. If your browser does not load the site, do a Ctrl+F5 keystroke on your browser first. If still then turn on your browser's Developer Tools by right clicking on the clock (anywhere but the map) and choosing "Inspect" or "Inspect Element" then refreshing the website. If the Developer Tools window gives an error, please paste it or screenshot the error, and give your operating system type and browser version so I can debug it.

Translations were done with Google Translate. If you found a bad translation then please suggest a more faithful one.

Although GW2Timer.com does not have ads (and probably never will), this forum does have ads because it's from a free forum host; I hope you don't mind (I myself have adblock).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chalk
Unregistered

hey there, love the timer. would there be any chance of getting it as a overlay as well? just the clock portion with the little boss symbols inside the appropriate 1/4 hour segment?

cheers
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Sorry for the late reply, I thought people weren't going to use the forum.

I had thought about making an overlay, like just with the clock as you said, but I spent a lot of time making the website and don't feel very enthusiastic about duplicating the work on a whole different programming environment.

However, I have also thought about making a program to simply act as a browser and view the website while having the "Always on top" and transparency feature of overlays. If I do make it, I'll make a post on reddit.

Meanwhile, someone else has released an overlay (but requires installation of a desktop program). I hope it satisfies your wish for now.

Chalk
Unregistered

Thanks for replying. Yea i did see that on reddit the other day. It was more the presentation of yours i liked rather than a list like that, the clock only needs a glance as apposed to reading the boss and the time. For the moment ill just continue to have a web page open in the back ground.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Chalk, if you are still checking for updates here, I'm working on the overlay program and I'll let you alpha test it if you like. It works exactly like the site (because IT IS the website) but it has a more compact layout, and I have yet to add saving user options to it. If you're not here then I will post the complete program to the forum when it is done.

Cyber
Unregistered

Hello. gw2timer is not working for me on chrome version: Version 48.0.2564.97 m

I thought it was adblock, but I disabled them (all ad blockers, and then went on to even un-install them, just to be sure), as well as made sure that my javascript is enabled, I even cleared cache and cookies and everything in chrome.

Perhaps you can take a look ? This has happened only recently, since about a week ago. and it's been happening on all 5 of my computers, including my work computer, which all run the same chrome version, but even multiple gmail accounts .

I'm a web developer/Software engineer/ Quality Assurance engineer: so alternating variables in hopes to find a constant common issue is something i do often, and it still didn't provide me enough information to isolate the issue.

Please advise.

Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

You say it's not working on Chrome, but I'm guessing you tested it in Firefox/IE, so do they work?

Can you describe or give a screenshot of the site as it appears on Chrome?

It's very weird that 5 different computers would have the problem with the site. Can you try running this localStorage test. If it doesn't run then you have that feature disabled, so turn it back on.

Pompeia
Unregistered

I have been using Pale Moon (an offshoot of Firefox) for a long time now with no issues on the site. A recent upgrade, however, seems to have caused the site to not load. I even tried disabling ad-block for the site and clicking the clear storage link to no avail. I was hoping you could look into it (I am also making a post there in case they included some security fixes from the main Firefox branch that might have caused it).

Pale Moon 26.0.3 (x64)
Windows 7
Quote Post Goto Top

Moonchild
Unregistered

Pompeia
Saturday, 13. February 2016, 22:41

Pale Moon 26.0.3 (x64)
Windows 7
The issue seems to be that the site currently tries to use speech synthesis without checking first if it is included in the browser:

Timestamp: 13/02/2016 18:58:54
Error: TypeError: window.speechSynthesis is null
Source File: http://gw2timer.com/gw2t-min.js
Line: 9

Try{}catch{}ing it or otherwise doing a feature check might solve the Pale Moon problem.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Please test it in other browsers (vanilla Firefox, Chrome, IE11) too and see if they work so we can isolate the problem to Pale Moon. Try the web storage test, and if the test fails then your browser has web storage (localStorage) disabled, so turn it back on.

Pompeia
Unregistered

Tried with IE 11.0.9600.17207, Chrome 50.0.2645.4 dev-m 64bit, and Edge 20.1020.16384.0 without issues. Do not have vanilla Firefox installed to try.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Thanks Moonchild. I previously checked for it using
Code:

if (window.speechSynthesis !== undefined)

I've now changed it to
Code:

if (window.speechSynthesis)

so the null value would be accounted too, and I've encased it in a try catch block just in case.

Pompeia can you try hard refreshing (Ctrl+F5) and see if that helped?

Pompeia
Unregistered

Drant
Sunday, 14. February 2016, 03:04
Thanks Moonchild. I previously checked for it using
Code:

if (window.speechSynthesis !== undefined)

I've now changed it to
Code:

if (window.speechSynthesis)

so the null value would be accounted too, and I've encased it in a try catch block just in case.

Pompeia can you try hard refreshing (Ctrl+F5) and see if that helped?
Working again!! Thanks so much!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

hi i started using the website since last week and it keeps saying timeout expired and goes black. I refresh it and still the same thing. Is there something else to do or this is the way it is????
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Please give a screenshot of the "timeout expired" you're referring to. What browser are you using? Also try synchronizing your computer's time.

Stripedew
Unregistered

I am getting the exact same issue today. It was fine yesterday, but today I can't use the site at all.

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I need to know what kind of operating system and browser you're using. Do a "Ctrl+F5" keystroke on your browser so it downloads the latest scripts. Also, please give a screenshot of your Developer Tools window (if it gives an error) as I said in the first post.

Unregistered

Sooo... i love this overlay... it is well thought out and incredibly powerful,however.. perhaps my ignorance, laziness or both have stopped me in my tracks... i am getting a Weekly Timestamp expired error message as of yesterday, and now i am getting a weekly timestamp AND daily timestamp expired error message... HELP!!@!! for i know not what i do... Ill throw in some powerful blood and elonian wine if it helps!!!!

Thomas

LOL!!!! just saw the post beneath mine.. will try cntrl f5
Quote Post Goto Top

hello again...
Unregistered

ok...so i tried f5 and that got me a whole bunch of jack squat... bummer.. anyway.. just let me know what i can do to resolve this.. i am running windows7 and primarily use firefox for browsing but have explorer available.. on a side note.. when i first installed navi... it worked fine... then .. about a week later.. it went kaput!!! let me know if i need to share my email or anything in order to help expedite this help request... thanks for an awesome overlay and i cant wait to get back onboard!!

Thomas Felch
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I'm not certain if it's the browser not updating its cache or it's a bug I made when creating a new site option, but I solved this by deleting the overlay's browser cache. Note that this will erase everything you've written on the site. I'm sorry this is the only solution I can think of.

Solutions
GW2Navi Chromium: Go to GW2Navi\bin and delete the "cache" folder.
GW2Navi IE: This problem does not appear to be present on the IE version. Just open the navigation bar and click the refresh button.
gw2route: Paste this without quotes into your Windows Explorer "%APPDATA%", delete the folder "gw2route". Example of the folder path: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\gw2route

Unregistered

so.. im sorry to be such a pain.. however.. i tried your fixes.. i am using the ie version.. and was unable to find gw2route folder... so... im at a bit of a loss... i am able to use the website fine.. and l uninstalled and reinstalled the overlay to no avail... sorry for the dilemna... i am even willing to set a time to allow you to remotely access my computer if you have that capability...

THomas
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Are you using the IE version of the overlay because you don't have 64 bit Windows? What version of IE are you using?

Open your IE browser, click the cog icon on the top right corner, choose "Internet Options", on the General tab look at "Browsing history" and click the "Delete..." button, checkmark "Temporary Internet files" and "Cookies and website data" then press the "Delete" button. Then try and start the overlay.

Can you give me a screenshot of the overlay?

Old Ben
Unregistered

Hello,

Happy New Year 2017 !

I have to format my hard drive. How can I save my data and my site preferences on firefox?

Thank you
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

According to the Firefox Support page, your Firefox settings are stored at:
Code:

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

Copy and paste that into the address bar of your Windows Explorer, which will result into a full directory such as
Code:

C:\Users\MYCOMPUTERUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

I suggest you copy that "Mozilla" folder to a USB drive, then after finishing installing your OS, paste the folder to ..\AppData\Roaming.

Brutus
Unregistered

Since this seems to list current gem store deals, does it also track price history on items? I just didn't know if there was a way to save the current prices so items could be tracked similar to http://steamsales.rhekua.com/. It would be helpful to know how much of a sale it actually is based off past prices.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I wanted to do that when I made the Gem Store Wishlist. The Character Slots for example had 20% 25% 30% 35% off sometime in the years, and I usually waited until the discount was highest. I only started tracking gem item prices since 2015. If I were to collate a more complete record, I would use these sources also:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Gemstore-items-new-sales-discounted-prices
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store#Special_sales
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Incarnazeus/Gem_Store_Watch/Sales_Archive/Archive_2016

For 2014 and 2013, wiki contributors have wrote the discount for some of the items, so I would have to scan through all (~600) of the gem store items also. Quite a bit of work.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GW2Timer.com - GW2 - Guild Wars 2 · Next Topic »