Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Help translate GW2Timer to your language
Topic Started: Tuesday, 1. July 2014, 05:31 (4,800 Views)
Drant
Member Avatar

The current supported languages are English (en), German (de), Spanish (es), French (fr), Czech (cs), Italian (it), Polish (pl), Portuguese (pt), Russian (ru), Traditional Chinese (tw), and Simplified Chinese (zh) because they are the top languages based on site analytics.

Attached below is a text file containing the program's translatable strings. Please suggest better translation if you think they are incorrect or improper. If you encounter mistakes in other parts of the website, please report them too.

Also here is the link to the world boss names and event names: Scheduled Bosses - Legacy Bosses and Temples. And WvW objectives and labels.

Visit the Github page for even more data files to translate if you're interested.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: gw2t_dictionary_20171009.txt (57.31 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I added in the Dutch translation. Hopefully it is usable.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: guest_translations_dutch_20140811.txt (14.99 KB)
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

It was nice of you to translate everything, thank you.

I should note that Dutch was previously included, but I removed its translations after adding Czech Italian and Portuguese and learning that according to Wikipedia: 87% of Dutch people already know English, so effort and space should be spent on languages that have fewer speakers of English.

Still it doesn't hurt to have the translation ready just in case I might add them again later.

Unregistered

Ah, I didn't know the reason why you removed it. But that article is true. English is not hard for us to understand. Also because of that, Dutch translations of names in games sound weird to us.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

This is for Russian.

Actually i didnt get all the phrases cause they differ in english and Deutch (For example) So if you would be so kind to post all the english sources i could improve the quality of this translation.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: guest_translations_russian_20150823.txt (13.58 KB)
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Here's the most recent translations the site uses. The site no longer has translation for boss names since there are only English/German/French/Spanish versions of the game, and players are already familiar with those.

As for the phrases, the site piece together individual words, so it's probably not grammatically correct at all, but hopefully the user will understand it. For example, some of the phrases are:
"Daily world boss XXX will start at 000 in 000 minutes"
"Current world boss is XXX" "Next world boss is XXX"
"Subscribed world boss XXX will start in ### minutes"

You can try out the Russian version for other texts to be translated.

Thanks for your effort!

Unregistered

This is a revised translation for German:

I wonder if there is a possibility i can change the Translation for the worldbosses because for example it's not "den Zerschmetterer", it's "der Zerschmetterer" :D
Attached to this post:
Attachments: guest_translations_german_20160222.txt (12.12 KB)
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Thanks for helping with the translation.

Here's what I've changed as you suggested, and what I didn't change because of what I'll explain below:
- Changed s_hours "stunden"
- Changed s_expand "erweiter"
- Changed s_collapse "verkleiner"
- Changed s_tile "kacheln"
- Changed s_quantity "anzahl"
- Changed s_margin "gewinnspanne"
- I left the translation as all lower case letters, because the program determines that automatically
- I left the translation for s_section alone because what I meant for that word to be is the section of a document, as in page, paragraphs, and sections of a book, not like an area or field of a map (as that is what I think you translated to "Bereich")

The dictionary for the world bosses are all in separate files along with the event names, which were copied and pasted from ArenaNet's API. I will change the Shatterer's name as you said. If you find more errors then please do tell.

Unregistered

Ok if i want to post more things maybe i should make myself an account :D

Instead of "Ulgoth den Modniir" it's Ulgoth Modniir
Instead of "Großen Dschungelwurm" it's "Großer Dschungelwurm"
Instead of "Tequatl den Sonnenlosen" it's "Tequatl der Sonnenlose"

Maybe if u can link the Files for all bosses i can look through all them and tell you if there is something wrong with the German translation, but i wasn't abel to find anything on first look.

There is a translation error with the order of words in "Verkleiner Paragraph".
First you'are right, "Bereich" is not the right worth but "Paragraph" isn't right, too. I think the right translation should be "Abschnitt".
Second the order in which those two word are is wrong. I think it should be "Abschnitt verkleinern". I don't know if you can change this but its not terrible if you let il like it is. I think every German with a brain will understand this.

If you want i can post you some more translationerrors like this.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I have the boss names linked on the first post, the two files "chains.js" and "chains-add.js". You can find the German entry by Ctrl+F searching for the keywords "name_de" in those files. Also, I updated the dictionary to the one currently in use (the previous was several months old as I had forgotten about updating it here).

The boss names were basically excerpts from the ingame event names, which is why their conjugation? is off.

Currently the only grammar rule I have for the automatic translations are adjective/adverb-noun order (as in "red car" in English, and "coche rojo" in Spanish, which have opposite orders). I did not think to implement verb-noun as in "collapse section" and "section collapse".

Go ahead and post more translation errors if you like, thanks again.

danroger
Unregistered

i edit the chinese translation. :^^:

and I pull request on github .
Attached to this post:
Attachments: gw2t_dictionary_20171004_chinese.txt (57.31 KB)
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Thank you so much for making the translations. You also did the game text! I could not do that because I don't have the Chinese game version.

I merged your Github changes and added the translation files. I think many Chinese players will appreciate the better translations :joy:

spring

This is the first simplified chinese version. Due to a word have different meanings in different situation, there might be some problems. If I find any problem, I will upload a second version. :yawn:
Attached to this post:
Attachments: gw2t_dictionary_20171004.txt (57.37 KB)

Drant
Member Avatar

spring,

I thought you were danroger!
danroger replied on 2017-10-09, 5 days after you messaged me. danroger posted Chinese translations too, so I thought spring = danroger !!
But you are two different people.

I have merged both of your translations. Thank you so much!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GW2Timer.com - GW2 - Guild Wars 2 · Next Topic »