Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
GW2Navi Guild Wars 2 Overlay; Information, download, and discussion
Topic Started: Sunday, 13. July 2014, 08:03 (286,073 Views)
Drant
Member Avatar

Current Navi version is: 2017.10.01 - Video Demo - 中文说明书

Posted Image

Introduction
GW2Navi is an ArenaNet promoted browser-based overlay that displays gw2timer.com, a Guild Wars 2 web app used by over a million players.

Features
As an overlay, GW2Navi features:
- Transparency levels and clickthrough
- Multiple monitors and 4K zoom scaling support
- Quick Save/Load presets of window size and position
- Theme the window frame with full color palette
- View websites and bookmarks directly on Guild Wars 2
- Custom Cursors use PNG or animated GIFs as your own high-visibility cursor
Posted Image

As a program viewing GW2Timer.com, which was recommended by ArenaNet, it has access to all the site's features:
- Advanced world boss timers with detailed event chains and variable voice alarm
- Intuitive analog clock with 3 visual layouts and Path of Fire & new Living Story zones timeline
- Informational voice alerts for gem store wishlist items and new game patch release
- Tactical WvW live map with siege placement tool and voice narration
- Interactive world map completioner with GPS to find achievements, resource nodes, and guild missions
- Personal map-checklist for jumping puzzles, chests, ranger pets, collectibles, dungeons, and dailies
- Calendar of daily achievements and Notepad to store traits and game notes
- Live Trading Post tracker and notifier, with gem exchange and calculator
- Armory with advanced search Inventory/Bank/Wardrobe and Character Builds via Account API

>>>>>>>> Downloads <<<<<<<<
GW2Navi.zip (Chromium 64 Bit Version) - Mirror - GitHub
Internet Explorer 32/64 Bit Version

There is no installation, just unzip the portable GW2Navi folder somewhere and double click "GW2Navi_2D.exe" to start the overlay as a resizable frame, or "3D" as a fullscreen projection. If you downloaded the IE version then double click "GW2Navi_WinXX.jar".
GW2Navi Changelog - GW2Timer Changelog

Requirements
Option A: Java JRE version 9+ (jre-9_windows-x64_bin.exe). If the overlay does not start: Uninstall all "Java X Update XX", install JRE again, then restart your computer. If Java 9 doesn't work, try the Java 8 version with the JRE 8.
Option B: Unzip this bundle to the GW2Navi folder and run GW2Navi_2D_Bundle.exe (no Java installation needed).
- If running the IE version, Internet Explorer should be at least version 11 and JRE 8
- Guild Wars 2 set in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen resolution for GW2Navi to be visible.
- Mac users read this alternative.

Technical Support
Please first read the Troubleshooting post below if you encounter any problems. If it did not help, then feel free to reply to this thread (no registration needed). In your post please tell whether your Windows is 32 or 64 bit, your Java version, and whether you're using the Chromium or IE version of the overlay. A screenshot of the overlay, if you're able to, may be helpful.

Marker Packs and Mods
Although GW2Navi has over a hundred built-in treasure maps, you may also use player-created GW2 TacO or Augmented Tyria marker packs displayed as world map icons: Right click on map > Compass > Options > Choose file > select an .xml file in the "POIs" folder or a .json file in the "Routes" folder from downloaded marker packs.

Source code for the Chromium version is in the "GW2Navi\src" folder. Big thanks to programmer Farly Fitrian Dwiputra who modded the original GW2Navi to use the Chromium browser: gw2route overlay.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Instructions
Note: If you have never used the website before (gw2timer.com which GW2Navi displays), please read its user manual and map guide to explore all its features. Links to guides for specific features: GPS World Completion, Resource Nodes Route Generator, Trading Post Voice Tracker, WvW Live Map and Siege Tool.

Posted Image

Multiple Windows
Posted Image
Although GW2Navi was designed to be single-windowed with every feature easily switchable between, it possible to have more than one GW2Navi overlay open, by going to "≡" menu > New Window (or in the IE version by double clicking the .jar file again). The last window you close will save its size and position, as those instances will share the same options.ini file. If you want separate homepages and settings for each GW2Navi window, you may copy the GW2Navi folder whole, edit the options.ini file to your liking, and run their respective program.

For example, after copying you have two folders:
Code:

C:\Program Files\GW2Navi Dry Top
C:\Program Files\GW2Navi WvW

And in their respective options.ini files, you have the homepage variable set as:
Code:

[URLs]
URL_HOMEPAGE = https://gw2timer.com/?mode=Overlay&page=DryTop

Code:

[URLs]
URL_HOMEPAGE = https://gw2timer.com/?mode=Overlay&page=WvW

Note that you must have the Last Visited option disabled or the program will not use the homepage URL.

Drant
Member Avatar

Troubleshooting
The following instructions will be mostly for the Chromium version (IE Version here). If nothing happens when you run the overlay, make sure you should have JRE Windows x64 installed. To be certain, you can uninstall all versions of Java in the "Programs and Features" window, restart, then install the JRE. Also, you could try right clicking the "GW2Navi_2D.exe" file and choose "Run as administrator".

Misc Troubleshooting
Terminology note: "overlay" = the GW2Navi program and container for the website, "website" = the embedded browser showing the map and app. "2D" = the framed overlay with transparent background, "3D" = the projection overlay with clear background, "knob" = Posted Image tilted G icon acting as the menu for the 3D version.

Overlay won't start or javaw not found.
Make sure the directory to the GW2Navi folder does not have special characters or symbols. "C:\Program Files\GW2Navi" is a good directory, "C:\激战2☆☺\GW2Navi" is not.

If uninstalling and reinstalling Java, and restarting your computer didn't work: Open GW2Navi/bin/GW2Navi_Start_2D.bat and GW2Navi_Start_3D.bat with a text editor and simply replace the path to "javaw.exe" with the one on your computer.
Code:

@echo off
start "" "C:/Program Files/Java/jre-9/bin/javaw.exe" -cp "GW2Navi_Win64.jar" -Djava.library.path=./lib/libcef/win64 GW2Navi.Main

"C:/Program Files/Java/jre-9/bin/javaw.exe" is where it is on my computer, please change it to yours, then save the .bat file and run it.

Overlay shows white space and website is improperly resized.
Uninstall Java 9 and install Java 8.

Overlay says it can't load/save options.ini or files.
Give yourself permission to the GW2Navi folder.

Website is not responding.
"≡" menu > "Reload", or click on the website then press F5 to refresh.
Delete Cache Solution (note this will wipe the site's memory and should only be the last resort)...
Go to GW2Navi\bin and delete the "cache" folder.

I can't run it on Windows 10
The problem may be Windows update "KB3132372", try updating your Windows.

I can't see the buttons on the overlay bar.
2D: "≡" menu > "Options" submenu > Turn "Enable Native" option off. If you can't see the menu then aim for and click the button some pixels right of the top left corner until you see a popup menu.

The overlay frame menus are graphically glitchy.
Please read this post. Open GW2Navi/bin/GW2Navi_Start_2D.bat with a text editor and Select All and replace the whole file with the commands below:
Code:

@echo off
start "" "C:/PATH/TO/THE/FILE/Java/jre-9/bin/javaw.exe" -cp "GW2Navi_Win64.jar" -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Djava.library.path=./lib/libcef/win64 GW2Navi.Main
Save the .bat file and then run it.

The taskbar is showing up over the game.
2D: The taskbar should only show up when you have focused on (clicked) the overlay window, otherwise when you're playing normally the overlay and the game should be visible while the taskbar is hidden.
3D: The taskbar should not show up when you interact with the overlay.

I have a 4K monitor and the overlay is too small.
2D: You can resize the website by "≡" menu > "Show Navigation" and using the zoom buttons. If the overlay's menus are really small, you can have Windows resize it automatically, but this involves working around an issue with Java.
3D: Right click on the knob > Window > Zoom

I can't right click on the website to show context menus.
You're probably using a touchscreen or touch enabled device, which makes the website think you're on a mobile phone. To disable this, on the website go to the Options page, Map section and checkmark "Ignore touchscreens" then reload the embedded browser.

Website doesn't respond to my mouse scroll wheel.
The overlay is actually two separate programs: the overlay frame (outer) and the embedded browser (inner). The website is in the browser, so you have to click on the website (suggested middle click) to focus on the website, then it will respond to your mouse scroll wheel.

My character isn't showing/followed.
The GPS works in the open world, and some instances like dungeons or personal story. Make sure these options are enabled:
≡ > Options > Enable GPS (Checked)
Posted Image > Character

You may also try:
≡ > Options > Enabled Last Visited (Unchecked)
≡ > Homepage

So when you "Show Navigation", the address bar should have the overlay mode in the URL.

The scroll wheel is inverted and I can't use some keyboard keys.
3D: These are known issues with this mode.

Special Features
Click on the game rather than the overlay.
2D: Turn on the clickthrough feature by right clicking on the "G" icon on the overlay bar. The overlay will act as if it's not there and you can click on GW2 normally. To be able to click on the overlay again: Alt+Tab or Alt+Shift+Tab to GW2Navi, or click on GW2Navi on your Windows taskbar.
3D: Click the tilted "G" button once to enable clickthrough, second click will hide the overlay, third click will reset and show the overlay again.

100% opacity always.
2D: By default, if you click on the overlay, it will be "in focus", and the opacity level for that is high opacity but still a bit of transparency. You can turn this feature off by:
"≡" menu > "Options" submenu > Turn "Opacity Focused" option off.
Right click overlay window bar > Choose "100%" opacity.

Cover the game entirely.
2D: Run "GW2Navi_Start_2D.bat" for a framed overlay, then double click the overlay window bar to maximize it.
3D: Run "GW2Navi_Start_3D.bat" for the Projection mode which will cover your screen with the dually transparent/opaque website.

Change the language.
To change the website's language: On the overlay window bar, click the button "4" then on the site hover over the [EN] box (English is default).
To change the overlay's language: On the overlay window bar, click the button "≡", go over "Options", then to "Language".

Make and use my own cursors.
Use custom cursors by right clicking on the overlay window bar then over "Cursors".
Create a .PNG or animated .gif cursor image and save it to GW2Navi\bin\cursors
Open options.ini and look under "[CursorSettings]" to add the cursor; you can replace an existing cursor "slot" with the name of the new cursor file, and update its width and height, and its offset from the real cursor tip. Open the premade cursor images or open GW2Navi\bin\source\visiblecursor.psd for examples.

Uninstallation
The program is portable: all settings are saved in the text/ini files that came with it. To "uninstall", just delete the entire GW2Navi folder. If you're using the Internet Explorer version, optionally the folder:
Code:

C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USER_NAME\.swt

If you are having more or other problems then post in this thread. You can post as a guest and do not have to register.

Drant
Member Avatar

FAQ
Is GW2Navi approved by ArenaNet?
ArenaNet cannot officially approve any third-party tools, but they have promoted gw2timer.com on their Facebook and GW2Navi on their Twitter!

Is Java unsafe?
Java can refer to the programming language, the runtime that executes the language, or the browser plugin. Most of the security concern about Java is for the browser plugin (akin to Adobe Flash). You can disable it from your Java Control Panel. The Java runtime that GW2Navi needs is the same as the "Redistributables" and "Frameworks" that you had to install additionally when you install other software on your computer. Note that the Chromium version has Flash disabled, but YouTube will still work via HTML5.

Is GW2Navi a hack?
If by hack you mean a cheat that gives you an advantage over other players, then I say no, because GW2Navi is just a web browser. And it is actually less advantageous than someone with two monitors who runs Guild Wars 2 on one and browse the web on another, which in GW2Navi's case it actually obscures your view because you're using only one monitor.

If by hack you mean an application that interacts with Guild Wars 2 programmatically, then also no, because GW2Navi simply display webpages, and for GW2's case, display GW2Timer.com. You can read a dev's response to overlays on the official forums. Edit: As of the 2015-02 release, GW2Navi now reads the publicly shared memory that ArenaNet provided using the Mumble Link API to give your character's location (for use in the GPS feature). This use of game memory is allowed by ArenaNet. GW2Timer does not collect this data, and it only uses the data to make the GPS feature work.

Is GW2Navi spyware/malware?
This question is here for paranoid/security conscious people. GW2Navi Chromium version uses CEF and IE version uses The DJ Project Java library to embed a browser in it. The library software allows a program that uses it to read and manipulate data from a website and also inject HTML or JavaScript in it, but GW2Navi does not read nor write to a website it displays, because it does not need to as GW2Timer.com already has all the features and UI necessary. Edit: As of the 2015-02 release, GW2Navi can now execute JavaScript on gw2timer.com and localhost, and only there. All JavaScript GW2Navi executes can be viewed and edited in the options.ini file.

Also, GW2Navi does not "phone home" to report user statistics nor check for updates; the website however uses Google Analytics which does collect visitor's system/location/usage information. Note that the majority of Internet websites use analytics and you can block it if you wish.

GW2Navi is foremost an overlay app for the website, and you should treat it as such, so don't use it for heavy web browsing or logging into your social media/bank etc! I am not responsible for you using it beyond its original intention.

What is GW2Navi named after?
The fairy in Zelda. Also coincidentally guild navigators in Dune. The original name for it was "TLTAT": Too Lazy To Alt Tab.

Drant
Member Avatar

Reserved Post

Unregistered

When I try to run the jar in Java it says the options.ini, translations.ini, and the bookmarks.txt are no in the programs directory, I tried adding them myself but that did not work, any suggestions?
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Did you run the .jar file that matches your operating system? I assume all those files are in the same folder as the .jar file too. How did you run the program, by double clicking, by an edited shortcut link, or by command line?

Unregistered

I made sure to run the proper windows version (for good measure I tried the other one as well). Then right click , open with, java.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

When I Right Click > Open With as you did, I get the same error as well. I didn't anticipate people would be using it like that. Why don't you double click the program instead? Have you tried associating .jar files to Java?

Unregistered

I do not see any "Gw2Navi.jar"

I have Java ver7.

I downloaded the files, unzipped it, also unzipped the 64 bit edition and there is no Gw2Navi.jar

What am i doing wrong?
Can someone please explain.....
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

It's either GW2Navi_Win32.jar or GW2Navi_Win64.jar in the GW2Navi folder. You probably have file extensions hidden so you don't see the ".jar" part in the filename. Double click either one depending on your system to start it.

Unregistered

I tried using the Win64 jar file, but it wouldn't open up. Am I doing something wrong? I have a 64bit operating system.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Forgot to add but I'm also using Windows 8.1.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Have you read the Troubleshooting section? If that doesn't work, try associating .jar files or upgrading Java

Ahriman
Unregistered

How do I get this on my Mac OS?
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

There's a bug that prevents the program from running on Mac. I don't have a Mac so I can't test if a fix works and also I don't know how many people would use GW2Navi on Mac.

Are you really interested in using this program? Do you have a Windows machine to run instead? I will reconsider fixing the Mac bug if people still want it.

kitty
Unregistered

this is wonderful. please make a mac version. there are so many mac players that would love this I'm sure as well as windows players. xoxo
Quote Post Goto Top

Lytalm
Unregistered

Hi! Nice program, altough I can't open the 64 bit version (even if I have 64bit windows 7), only the 32 bit will open. Also, I can't find a way to make the window "unselectable" when the GW2 windows is active, so when I end up clicking the overlay, it selects it. Any idea to get around this problem?

Thanks!
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Both bit versions are exactly the same, if you can run one and everything works then it's fine.

The overlay is actually just a window with Always On Top state active so it covers your GW2 screen. I hadn't thought about making it click-through, I'll find more about it and include it in future version if I can.

Edit:
I tried suggested methods to make the window click-through, but it also renders the embedded browser invisible instead of transparent. Because the browser is a separate component from Navi, I cannot change this.

I'm guessing you have a small display and that's why you need to have to Navi out of the way to click other things. I can suggest that you click the "G" button to miniaturize the overlay, if you need to click on stuff in the game.

Pyrro
Unregistered

Chrome detected it as malware and blocked it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Please read the comments here http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2grp3o/does_anyone_use_the_gw2navi_overlay/

Use Firefox/IE/Opera/Safari whatever to download it. Chrome is a browser and not your antivirus.

Kitty
Unregistered

I love this idea and had been wanting an overlay for a long time on Mac but I dl it and it wouldn't work 😔
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Did you install Java for Mac?

What happens when you try to run the .jar, did it open a window at least, or nothing happened?

Did you run it (GW2Navi_Mac32.jar or GW2Navi_Mac64.jar) from the Mac console? Try the command:
Code:

java -jar Path/To/The/File/GW2Navi_Mac64.jar

Could you copy and paste me the error so I can try to fix it?

kitty cat
Unregistered

Kitty
Sunday, 2. November 2014, 20:46
I love this idea and had been wanting an overlay for a long time on Mac but I dl it and it wouldn't work 😔
hi yes i receive this error and I'm not sure what to do to fix it ..

“GW2Navi_Mac32.jar” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

idk why it says something about mac store at all...
Quote Post Goto Top

kitty cat
Unregistered

kitty cat
Monday, 3. November 2014, 10:41
Kitty
Sunday, 2. November 2014, 20:46
hi yes i receive this error and I'm not sure what to do to fix it ..

“GW2Navi_Mac32.jar” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

idk why it says something about mac store at all...
I'm using an old mac air but updated with yosemite this past week. i click on the 4 diff options of jar files and all give the same popup as i pasted
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

It looks like a security message akin to Window's UAC. I don't have a Mac so I'll try to give you a Googled solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19551298/app-cant-be-opened-because-it-is-from-an-unidentified-developer

Basically the operating system by default blocks software that aren't made by established publishers (such as companies), since I (a random person) made the program, your OS assumes it's unsafe so blocks it. You can follow the instruction in that link to turn off that feature.

Again, you should have Java installed first (if you don't know what Java is: iPhone uses the computer language Objective-C, Android phones use the computer language Java).

Unregistered

:argh: On a Windows system, where does GW2Navi store temporary files. I clean my system daily, but don't want to clear out the temp file for GW2Navi, so if I know where they are I can keep them from being clean up.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

GW2Navi is a frame for Internet Explorer if you're using Windows. Cleaning IE cache is as simple as opening the IE browser and opening its options (Cog icon > Safety > Delete browsing history...). If you want to manually clean the cache, it's located at Temporary Internet Files.

Note that if you erase web storage data, the website will not remember your settings and writings.

Unregistered

I have tried to open both 32 and 64 versions on my macs and both gave me the same message:

The Jave JAR File "GW2Navi_Win32.jar" and "GW2Navi_Win64.jar"could not be launched.
Check the Console for possible error messages.

And thats all that happened.

Really looking forward for it to be working on Mac as all my friends who play use Mac.

Keep up the good work

PS: Running Mac Yosimite
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

According to the filenames you said, those are Windows version. Try the Mac version GW2Navi_Mac32.jar or GW2Navi_Mac64.jar

Also, read the above posts as another Mac user encountered a problem.

Unregistered

Sorry, i did try the Mac version and it said the same thing:

Check the Console for possible error messages.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Do you know how to open the Mac console?
When you have it open, type the command
Code:

java -jar FILEPATH

where FILEPATH is the path to the .jar file along with the folder directory.

Paste the error here if you encounter it.

Unregistered

Hey Buddy i was able to run it on Mac without the errors but it opened then closed, im guessing it installed something but when i go in game i do not see the options button you mentioned, im not sure if it installed properly?

Btw thanks for the fast reply amazing stuff
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

What did you see when it opened? The program is self-contained and doesn't install anything except the SWT library files I mentioned. When you run it, it should open the rectangular window as seen in the screenshots; it basically uses your operating system's default Internet browser (in this case Safari) to display the gw2timer.com website. It does not run along with GW2, as it is just a program window that's displayed on top of other windows.

I will try to install Mac OS on a virtual machine (I do not have a Mac) to test it.

Drant
Member Avatar

I managed to run OS X Yosemite on the virtual machine and tried to run GW2Navi. I encountered the same problem the other Mac users had encountered, and finally found out that there is a bug with the software library I used. The only apparently solution is for the user to run Java 6, and I having to recompile the program to Java 6, which is very old and more likely vulnerable to security flaws, not to mention the incompatibility problems with recompiling. So for now, I have no plans to develop GW2Navi for Mac, but I have provided an alternative for those who use a Mac but would not rather alt tab.

I apologize for not having tested it on Mac sooner.

Unregistered

I'm having trouble getting the overlay to load. I'm using Windows 8.1 with IE11 and Chrome install. I'm loading the 32 bit version of the overlay. I'm not running any add blockers on IE and disabled Adblock in chrome.

I'm wanting to use the overlay primarily for farming in Drytop. Thanks for any clues!

http://i.imgur.com/cn2vuLY.png
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

The program is a frame for IE, not Chrome.
Can you open Internet Explorer 11, go to http://gw2timer.com/?mode=Overlay and view it properly?

If it's erroneous like that in IE11, then press F12 in Internet Explorer 11 to open the Developer Tools window. Click on the Debugger tab and tell me if there's any errors.

If this isn't your first time using the overlay, you may want to open Internet Explorer 11 and go to http://gw2timer.com/bin/clear.html which will automatically clear all your settings on the website.

Keep posting if you're still having troubles.

Unregistered

Hi. Guy from post 36 again. You were correct. The problem I'm having is within I.E. 11 itself and not the overlay. Here is an error codes that came up

DEBUGGER INFO

CONSOLE INFO

I loaded your link to clear settings. No change in result.

I also went through and made sure I had the latest Java plug-in. I don't normally run IE so I only have a few plug ins, Java and Last Pass (tested as disabled with no change).
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

That debugger info screenshot helped. I think it may be this problem http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21155137/javascript-localstorage-object-broken-in-ie11-on-windows-7

Have you ran Windows Update to update IE11 to its latest patches?

Unregistered

I have windows set to auto update so things looked good. I did a manual update to get the last few optional items loaded so now things are 100% current. No changes, unfortunately.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

IE11 Cog Icon > About Internet Explorer
Is your version higher than 11.0.9600.17501 ?

Try running this test http://dev-test.nemikor.com/web-storage/support-test/ on IE11 and see if your browser has localStorage feature disabled, meaning the test does not progress.

Another solution: Cog icon > Safety > Delete Browsing History
and checkmark as so: https://grekai.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/image3.png then press Delete.

Unregistered

Quote:

IE11 Cog Icon > About Internet Explorer
Is your version higher than 11.0.9600.17501 ?

Running 11.0.9600.17498 (again, on Windows 8.1 Pro)

Quote:

Try running this test...

localStorage: not supported
sessionStorage: not supported
globalStorage: not supported

What are the web storage settings that are required?

Quote:

...Delete Browsing History...

Tried that before and again just now with no change.

Thanks for the help.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

IE11 Cog Icon > Internet Options > Advanced tab > scroll down to "Security" section and checkmark "Enable DOM Storage" then restart your computer.

If that doesn't work, try click both the "Restore advanced settings" and "Reset..." buttons on that window.

Unregistered

Drant
Monday, 9. February 2015, 06:24
Okay, so there's the problem. Your IE isn't supporting localStorage or has it disabled.
http://i.imgur.com/8ZfsiJQ.gif

That's it!

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it!
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

:)) Enjoy

toxicrvr

Nvm, ignore my nubness. Just started messing around with Navi and answered my own question.

Thanks for the great app, really loving it.
Edited by toxicrvr, Wednesday, 18. February 2015, 10:28.

Moonshade
Unregistered

I use the site a lot so figured I'd try the app overlay. The only problem I have is when I click the WP icon / scissor icon it doesn't copy to the clipboard. If I use the map I am able to copy the WP from there, but not from the compact mode. Any ideas? Win 7 x64 SP1 Java Version 8 Update 31. I had problems with the app at first like I couldn't resize or move the window. So I tried to update from IE 9 to 11 and it failed. So uninstalled IE 9, got error, fixed it then finally got IE 11 installed and the app works fine now except for the clipboard issue I mentioned. So I'm kind of thinking it may have to do with my IE install.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

The auto-copy clipboard feature works by Adobe Flash. You need to have that plugin installed with IE for it to work.

Does it work when you're viewing the site on IE instead of on the overlay?

Edit: As of 2016-01-03, the website uses your browser's native clipboard capability, not Flash.

Moonshade
Unregistered

Right before I got in bed it finally occurred to me that I should test just the website in IE, since I was always using it in Chrome. Your assumption was absolutely correct, the copy/paste wasn't working in IE. So downloaded Adobe Flash through IE and bam, it works. Thanks so much. This is gonna be my fave timer setup because it has both the alarm and overlay/re-sizing features. Without the clipboard working it was really bumming me out.

So if copy/paste/clipboard isn't working for anyone. Download and install Adobe Flash.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Hi, is there a way to show the character position in the WvW live map?
Quote Post Goto Top

7 users reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GW2Timer.com - GW2 - Guild Wars 2 · Next Topic »