Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
GW2Navi Guild Wars 2 Overlay; Information, download, and discussion
Topic Started: Sunday, 13. July 2014, 08:03 (291,393 Views)
Hibi55

Can confirm it was the new launcher. I had the white border problem and switching to 8u144 fixed it. Been having issues with the 3D version. I haven't been able to find a video showing what its supposed to look like. But I don't believe the map overlay is working.
Edited by Hibi55, Tuesday, 10. October 2017, 11:19.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Can you give a screenshot of the problem with the 3D version?

It's supposed to look like this (if resized, normally it covers your entire screen).

Unregistered

there is a problem just happen at me (not only new version. and my english is shit)

it is always flash when i use it
just like it open two page and swap(when flashing),
when i press Right Button i can see that
https://imgsa.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=d526b5fc042442a7ae0efdade142ad95/658e9594a4c27d1e996cb4bb10d5ad6edcc438bc.jpg

that is just open it
https://imgsa.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=d74ef8225efbb2fb342b581a7f4b2043/18b05e086e061d9584dbc74770f40ad163d9ca66.jpg

Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

When does the flash happen?

What screen resolution?

Windows 7, 8, 10?

Java 8, 9?
If 9, then try Java 8 (uninstall Java 9 before). If 8 then try Java 9.

Zoom level normal (0.0) or different?
Posted Image

Try: ≡ > Options > Enable Native GUI (off)

Does it happen with IE version, or older Chromium version?

Did you resize your image? Please don't resize it, because I cannot see the correct window size.

Tony.3209
Unregistered

Can you help me fix this?
The white screen behind the navi is showing
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Navi.png (35.91 KB)
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

In the troubleshooting for the white/blank area bug:
Uninstall Java 9 and install Java 8.

You're the second person to report this. I might have to switch back to Java 8 if this bug appears for everyone.

Sko
Unregistered

Hi, I could not get it work, I tried everything suggested but when I launch the .exe (or the .bat) nothing happens. I edited the .bat to match my java folder but still nothing. Is there a way to have an output with some errors when I launch the program? I have Windows 7 64 Bit and I tried with both Java 9.01 and 8.152, any tips?
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Please download the overlay again then unzip this bundle to your GW2Navi folder. Double click GW2Navi_2D_Bundle.exe and the overlay will use the JRE included in the bundle instead of having to install Java.

Redevil
Unregistered

Hi,
i have a problem with the GPS. Position stop updating after a few seconds. If i click on map than it will refresh my position.

This is not the first time i use this program (9th world completion) and this is the first time i experience this issue. Maybe windows 10 fall creators update?
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Did the problem happen immediately after you upgrade GW2Navi? Or it just happened one day? If it's that fall update as you said then Microsoft may eventually fix it with a patch. There are previous versions to download if you want to downgrade and test (use a different folder so you don't overwrite your current).

Redevil
Unregistered

Drant
Wednesday, 8. November 2017, 14:57
Did the problem happen immediately after you upgrade GW2Navi? Or it just happened one day? If it's that fall update as you said then Microsoft may eventually fix it with a patch. There are previous versions to download if you want to downgrade and test (use a different folder so you don't overwrite your current).
I didn't use gw2navi for quite some time, started yesterday for the first time after windows 10 fall creators update.

It's kinda like even if the gw2navi overlay still stays on top it will become inactive like it was in background.

Infact when i click on the overlay it will become active again and position refresh almost instantly.

So basically GPS is working properly, seems like gw2navi stays on top but don't update.
Quote Post Goto Top

Redevil
Unregistered

Redevil
Wednesday, 8. November 2017, 15:06
Drant
Wednesday, 8. November 2017, 14:57
I didn't use gw2navi for quite some time, started yesterday for the first time after windows 10 fall creators update.

It's kinda like even if the gw2navi overlay still stays on top it will become inactive like it was in background.

Infact when i click on the overlay it will become active again and position refresh almost instantly.

So basically GPS is working properly, seems like gw2navi stays on top but don't update.
Sorry for the double post but btw i have tried all previous versions. Same problem with all of them. (Also tried the IE version)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Is it possible to add story modes to the dungeon checklist? I'm not sure if I missed an option to display them or maybe they just aren't added. Just wondering if it's possible to add them. Thank you!
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

The Personal Checklist has a Story checkbox for each dungeon, but it's manually entered by you. The Account Dungeons checklist is from Anet's API, and it only records daily completed dungeons/raids. Currently there's no ArenaNet API to get the story you've completed for a character. You can always use the official forums to suggest it.

Unregistered

I figured it was either the lack of api or something silly on anet's end. Thank you for the reply! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I rechecked the dungeons API and it does enumerate the story dungeons the same as explorable dungeons, so it should auto-checkmark the story dungeon slots I just added. Again, it's only for the daily checklist, and there's still no character specific story dungeon unlock API that I know of.

Unregistered

no this is perfect, I run the story dungeons sometimes for dungeon frequenter so this is great, thanks so much for adding it <3
Quote Post Goto Top

Hanzu
Unregistered

Would it be possible to change the behavior of the overlay so that it is only active when GW2 is in the foreground with open world (Similar to how Taco Overlay works - overlay is sent to background in loading screen, world map, and when gw2 is in the background)
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I don't know how Taco can detect the loading screen or world map since that's not provided in the API/MumbleLink. For alt tabbing out of GW2, it's possible to detect GW2 game focus and hide Navi, by adding process reading which it currently does not do.

I can add something for when the overlay stops detecting GPS coordinates; I will have to test more on that.

Faf
Unregistered

For some reason Navi does not find my correct resolution and thinks that my screen is smaller than it really is (playing FS windowed). This desyncronises my mouse and my cursor - Navi thinks that my mouse is on a button but in fact, my mouse is 2 cm on the right. Any idea how to fix it? Chromium, new Java downloaded.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Are you using the 2D or 3D version? What is your resolution? Operating system?

Is this problem for the buttons on the overlay frame (1234AB) or buttons on the website? Can you give a screenshot of the problem?

Do you have the zoom feature enabled (≡ > Show Navigation > +/- icons). Try the different levels and see if the pointer action is where the pointer actually is. Do you have the custom cursor feature on? Try them on/off.

Could you try the previous versions http://forum.renaka.com/topic/5790839/

PostMortem
Unregistered

In the Chromium 3D app, my mouse key bindings are turned around: to scroll down, I have to use [wheel up] and likewise to scroll up, I have to use [wheel down]. Additionally, the scroll speed is very low. But if I use the [new window] feature (which apparently opens a 2D window) it works fine there.

Is there an easy way to change mouse settings? I can use the 2D version but I would prefer 3D. Thanks for all your great work anyway!

My Setup: Win7 x64/JRE 9.0.1/App fresh Installation
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Yeah that scroll wheel issue is kind of hidden in the Troubleshooting section. It's a bug with the embedded browser when displayed transparently (3D) like that instead of in a window (2D). I don't know if they fixed it; when I get around to it I'll upgrade the embedded browser and see if it has improved, but aside from that the current browser is stable.

PostMortem
Unregistered

Oh I'm sorry, I read the Troubleshooting Guide but obviously not close enough ... Yeah I thought it might be something like that. But the ticket is over 3 years old already, so I'm not counting on a solution anytime soon. Thanks a lot anyway. And incredible response time btw (unlike mine)! Greetings from Germany!
Quote Post Goto Top

Wolf Wraith
Unregistered

I'm having trouble download the latest overlay (have been for a few months actually) when I click the links in the OP. It happens across 2 different browsers, all I get is a blank page.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I've edited the links so there's no redirect (it first goes to gw2timer.com first then the download file). The link is: https://github.com/Drant/GW2Navi/archive/master.zip

You should see a download prompt when going there. You may also try https://github.com/Drant/GW2Navi and click on "Clone or download" > "Download ZIP".

If your country is blocking Github, there is a mirror on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/embeddedfolderview?id=0Bzz5ya_eQns3fllQNlNkNXNWSFZqUzlQZTEwZTd1dThwbGJXUG41OUFBUDctSFhEbHhrX28#list
Note that you have to be signed into a Google account first to download there.

If neither host works then tell me and I'll upload to a third host (or one that you're sure you can download from).

Wolf Wraith
Unregistered

Drant
Monday, 15. January 2018, 00:36
I've edited the links so there's no redirect (it first goes to gw2timer.com first then the download file). The link is: https://github.com/Drant/GW2Navi/archive/master.zip
Thank you! This link worked fine.
Quote Post Goto Top

Carey
Unregistered

Okay, maybe I'm dumb, but how on earth do I add bookmarks of my very own to the overlay? Can I only use the ones provided?
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Open GW2Navi\bin\bookmarks.txt with Notepad and put in your favorite websites like the format that appears. Save the text file and reload the overlay and you'll see the added bookmarks.

Unregistered

Hello , I'm chinese player and my English is poor , sorry. thank you for making it.
I want to use it very much. But it did't work , It hints me “options.ini was unable to be loaded” ''translations.ini was unable to be loaded" ‘‘bookmarks.txt was unable to be loader’’ .look forward to your reply
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Bad: C:\激战2\GW2Navi
Bad: C:\游戏\GW2Navi
Good: C:\GW2Navi
Good: C:\Program Files\GW2Navi

Put in folder with ABC letters, no symbols or Chinese words in directory please.

Also, try this solution. Give the GW2Navi folder full permissions.

Unregistered

Hello,there is a problem, GPS World Completion cant work.
Right click on map > Path > Optimize
and then it says" No path pins to work with,double click on the map to lay pins"
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

What zone did you right click on? Does it work on Queensdale? Map completion routes are only available for vanilla GW2 maps; Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire zones don't have completion routes.

Unregistered

Drant
Thursday, 17. May 2018, 10:29
What zone did you right click on? Does it work on Queensdale? Map completion routes are only available for vanilla GW2 maps; Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire zones don't have completion routes.
hi,it doesn't work on Queensdale,i take a gif
Posted Image
Both web(GW2Timer.com) and software(GW2Navi) have tried and can't work
I am in China, I do not know if it will be a location issue?
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

"Optimize" creates a shortest path from a user-made path. The command you want is:
Right click > Zone > Draw completion route

If you want to read Chinese on the website, click on:
Posted Image

Unregistered

It is working now! I like it, thank you for your long-term maintenance
Quote Post Goto Top

Mike van Schijndel
Unregistered

Hi,

I really want to start using the GWtimer overlay. I've been at it for 2 hours now, not getting it to work so I need some help.

Here's what I did:

1) Downloaded the files and started the 2D (and later the 3D) exe. No overlay in my game.
2) Downloaded the Bundle exe files. No luck.
3) Uninstalled Java and reinstalled the latest version. Rebooted. No luck.
4) Looked at Chromium. Do I really need to install this browser? I'm now using Chrome.
5) Started up IE and downloaded the IE files for the overlay GW timer. The instructions mention a GW2Navi_WinXX.jar however, this is not in the IE files (even not after extracting the archived files) so I can't boot up this one.

Maybe I am missing something. Should the overlay pop up in the game without any problems? Do I need to adjust further settings (in the app or in the game).

Thanks! :)

PS: I am using Windows 64. Java is now 10 (was 8 before).
Quote Post Goto Top

Mike van Schijndel
Unregistered

Just want to add that the app opens in Windows. I can play around with it. However, I cant get it to show as an overlay. :) Never used an overlay so I don't really know how it should work.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mike van Schijndel
Unregistered

Okay, I did not find any mention of setting GW to windowed fullscreen. That did the trick!!! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Any updates planned?
Unregistered

Any updates planned for the new map, but also Domain of Istan and Sandswept Isles?

I use the overlay every single day and I love it to bits!

Thanks for the effort and great forum support you have been giving over the years!
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

If you're talking about the map tiles (terrain), those haven't been updated by Anet for more than half a year now. I could superimpose a giant image file of the Domain of Istan zone over the map, but it's a hassle and a kludge. You can petition Anet to update the map on the official forum.

As for the map data, today Anet's API is having problems, for example when getting a list of items or map data, Anet only returns a random portion of them. So getting the full list of waypoints and POIs for Domain of Kourna is not feasible right now.

Unregistered

Hello Drant! Thank you for the tool and all the hard work you do! I've been loving it! I just have one question. Is there a way I can tweak any settings to make the GPS function a bit smoother? It works, no issues there, it's just very choppy/laggy. It causes the overlay window to stutter and zip all over the place while it tries to catch up. I did notice that there was a GPS interval setting and thought that might do the trick but I noticed it said not to be lower than the overlay interval but I had no idea what that meant or where that setting was located so I wanted to check with you before I messed with it. Any help/info is greatly appreciated!
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Are you playing on an old computer? The overlay runs on Java and uses an embedded web browser, so it does demand CPU. The IE version of the overlay is guaranteed to be slow because it uses the old browser engine, but the Chromium should be fast. Also, the 3D version of the overlay is even slower because it has selective transparency and fullscreen size.

The GPS interval is 50 milliseconds by default, that means it reads and updates your position 20 times per second. To make it faster you first have to open GW2Navi\bin\options.ini and change GPS_REFRESH_RATE to a lower number. Then on the overlay click the GPS icon and change GPS Interval to that same number so it "syncs up".

You can try these two MumbleLink/GPS based overlays and see if they also stutter, GPS-wise:
http://www.timscloud.uk/GW2/Manual/Manual.html
http://www.gw2taco.com/

odeth
Unregistered

im sure this is a very dumb question but is it possible for me to edit/change the built in world completion route that comes with the app? I want to change certain things so its updated for mounts and to skip certain things. thanks!
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

The world completion routes come from a static file https://gw2timer.com/data/itinerary.js

But the paths generated on the map are very customizable. Right click on map > Path > Help for things you can do with the paths. You can drag the pins, or insert a pin by double clicking within the path. Use the Load/Save feature to save the path to your browser/computer. To share the path with others: Path > URL

If you want to add annotations then right click on map > Compass > Comment write a text then use a "compass pin" to add to the map. Tell me if you need more help.

odeth
Unregistered

thanks for the quick reply, ill look more into it
Quote Post Goto Top

Bols
Unregistered

Hi, I have a 2 monitors. a regular 1080p and an ultrawide 1080p.
I play GW2 in the ultrawide but the overlay has white spaces. I use Java 10. I read the troubleshooting part and it says use Java 8 instead. Is there another way?

Also, if I drag the overlay to my regular 1080p monitor, the white spaces disappears but the opacity is really low even if i set it to 100%. Like i can barely see the overlay.

Btw, thanks for the awesome app. <3
Quote Post Goto Top

odeth
Unregistered

been using the app for like 6+ months now with no issue, and now it's not launching for some reason. I see it pop up in the task manager for like 2 seconds and then it closes by itself. did an update happen to cause issues or something?
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Bols,
Please give me screenshots of your problem on your regular and ultrawide monitors.

odeth,
The overlay does not have an "auto-update". Maybe you updated Java or it updated itself? You can try uninstalling your current Java and install JRE 8. Try the "Overlay won't start or javaw not found." part in the troubleshoot.

When I have time I'll recompile the program to Java 10 and see if there's any issues.

4 users reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GW2Timer.com - GW2 - Guild Wars 2 · Next Topic »