Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Missing node(s)
Topic Started: Saturday, 26. July 2014, 12:59 (4,363 Views)
Reminya
Unregistered

There's a permanent rich iron node northish of the Falooaloo poi in the wyrmblood lake region of dredgehaunt missing from the map. There may or may not be others missing as well.
Quote Post Goto Top

Reminya
Unregistered

Actually it appears to be semi-permanent but not actually permanent, move along.
Quote Post Goto Top

Reminya
Unregistered

Found one that is indeed permanent. At the end of the ulgoth chain near the skill point there's a permanent rich gold vein.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Yeah I recognize that node too. I've added it to the Gold array, it'll be in the map the next time I upload the site version.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

An assured permanent rich copper node in Metrica did not appear when I checked recently, I'm worried that some nodes have been removed as with the changes in the "New Player Experience" in September's feature patch. I might have to remove some from the map, so if you happen to not find them too, then please post the removed node's location here.

Reminya
Unregistered

The rich copper veins in metrica and wayfarer are gone. The rich gold in Bloodtide is gone. The rich mithril in malchor's next to the orb jumping puzzle isn't permanent, the rich iron that's not in the jump puzzle in blazeridge isn't permanent. The rich iron east of Nolan waypoint in diessa isn't perm. rich copper at devast in ashford isn't perm.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

> The rich copper veins in metrica and wayfarer are gone.
Yup. I have now removed them from the list.

> The rich gold in Bloodtide is gone.
There's a concentration of Gold nodes there, 3 or more, that's why I added it as a "rich node". I might create a separate category of nodes in the form of a map area/circle in which nodes can spawn, similar to the T6 nodes.

> The rich mithril in malchor's
Again, I should make a separate category for these potential rich nodes.

Thanks for the report.

Reminya
Unregistered

I believe the locations where rich veins CAN spawn are permanent it's just a matter of which ones are up on that particular ip/shard from my experience in sparkfly but I imagine trying to map all of them would be hell.
Quote Post Goto Top

Diego
Unregistered

Possible Node for Snow Truffles at Arundon Waypoint left side , under the ice bridge. [22866, 10984] ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Snow Truffle node missing at Frostgorge [15756, 24508]
Quote Post Goto Top

pHIL
Unregistered

Rich Iron Position: [15099, 10180]
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I checked that spot and it's not there, so it's likely you found a non-permanent rich node that spawns randomly depending on map instance. I've added it to the "possible nodes" view.

Melphyx
Unregistered

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Lone plant nodes are always randomly spawned, and Vanilla Beans are a random drop from the harvest of what I assume to be Herb Seedlings. The vanilla nodes that I added to the map are found in clusters, so it's more likely to gather one.

I've checked the node you posted and didn't find it spawned, however there was one other seedlings a few dozen meters nearby, but this isn't a cluster (3 or more nodes of Herb Seedlings nearby). I thank you for pointing it out nonetheless.

Unregistered

There is a potential orichalcum ore spawn at (13204, 24954) that isn't on the map right now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Meka Silverstone
Unregistered

I don't have any missing node but my topic does pertain to resource nodes.

I most frequently farm the permanent iron and platinum nodes.

When I only farm the iron nodes I find the "draw route for any displayed nodes" doesn't give me the most logical waypoint path. This mostly pertains to the nodes in the center. Starting with the 5 nodes in the Maguuma Jungle/Kryta move to the Shiverpeaks (2 nodes) to Ascalon (1 node) than back to the Shiverpeaks (1 node) back to Kryta (1 node) and finishing off with 2 nodes in Ascalon.

Also I can understand the copy and paste message is saying to use Havfrue Basin Waypoint (it's nearest to the node) but it isn't the correct waypoint to use, Hessdallen Kenning Waypoint .

Now for the platinum nodes. When I first started this permanent node farming I wasn't entirely sure where to go and I was thankful for the dotted line path you put on the map. A fair amount of the waypoints linked for the platinum nodes aren't correct and I only found my way because of the dotted lines you added. Link: (#. Waypoint supplied > Correct waypoint) 1. Forvar's WP > Ocean's Gullet WP; 5. Thistlereed WP > Valance Tutory WP 6. Iron Veil WP > Foundation 86 WP; 8. Switchback WP > Rustbowl WP

Like I stated before I understand why it's linking these other waypoints since they are technically closer to the node but they aren't the closest to the beginning of the run to the node. Waypoint link 5 is just always contested and you are redirected to Valance Tutory anyways.

Thanks for your hard work!
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

The draw route function is a computer algorithm, not a pre-researched path by a human being (me). It starts off at the western-most node and find the nearest closest node and connects to that, and it keeps connecting to the nearest nodes until there are none left, which may not give the ultimate shortest path because of backtracking to farther away nodes, but it should be good enough on average.

The waypoint or chatcode generation algorithm reads the finished connection, and for each node, it finds the nearest waypoint, which may be behind a wall or a cliff that you have to walk very far across compared to a rivaling nearest waypoint.

The solution to this is for me to manually record the nearest proper waypoint into the node itself, rather than by algorithm. Of course, I'm only willing to do this for permanent nodes, and I can't promise how soon I'll add it.

You say that you frequently farm nodes, so I suggest you copy and paste the chatlinks into the notepad app and correct it with the waypoints you want.

Edit: I forgot about the save pins function. You can customize the route by dragging a pin to the waypoint you want, then right click on the map: Pins > Save. Then when you want to view the waypoints: Pins > Load, Pins > Chatlink

Unregistered

Found an unmarked Blooming Passiflora at [13925, 19785] with "Show possible nodes " checked
Quote Post Goto Top

Jeltz a Vogon Poet
Unregistered

Here are some node locations for Orrian Truffles.
>Permanent Node 10956,26396
>Possible Nodes 10680, 25947
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Are you sure about the node at http://gw2timer.com/11891,29013 ? I've never seen any resources at those rock slabs. Also, I'm surprised there is a permanent truffle node.

I've added those three nodes and the passiflora one. If you got more confirmed ones then please continue.

Hal
Unregistered

Spore Seedlings spawn fairly commonly near [11097, 15608], [12314, 14810], and [12624, 14388] in Kessex Hills.
Quote Post Goto Top

Missing Ancient node
Unregistered

There is an Ancient node at [4168, 16179] in Dry Top.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Gw2_64_2016_11_24_23_42_34_copy.jpg (78.59 KB)
Quote Post Goto Top

Dyfenbaker
Unregistered

Hello,

I think there is an error on the next node;

Plaines d'Ashford
[28500, 15917]
[&BMcDAAA=] Point de passage de Fablegriffe

Not yet seen a single potato

Bye ;-)
Quote Post Goto Top

Dyfenbaker
Unregistered

Dyfenbaker
Wednesday, 11. January 2017, 07:17
Hello,

I think there is an error on the next node;

Plaines d'Ashford
[28500, 15917]
[&BMcDAAA=] Point de passage de Fablegriffe

Not yet seen a single potato

Bye ;-)
Sorry,

I've make a misstake

This node ;

21929, 13889
Contreforts du Voyageur
near [&BMcDAAA=] Point de passage d'Osenfold

Sorry,
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

There are 8 potato nodes in Plains of Ashford.

Edit: Okay I see. Anet removed the Wayfarer Foothills plant farm. I'll remove it from the map, thanks.

Unregistered

[12697, 15954] is a Silver node, not an Iron node
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Yeah that one randomly switches between either Iron or Silver; they would both be a rich vein though.

Unregistered

Missing Quartz Node in Dry Top 4338,16575 [&BJYHAAA=] North east of crash site 3

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Thanks for reporting. For quartz, I only added rich permanent nodes, and Dry Top only has one in the skritt queen room. If I were to add this node, I should add all the other regular ones in Dry Top. Do you prefer this?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GW2Timer.com - GW2 - Guild Wars 2 · Next Topic »