Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Black screen on website
Topic Started: Tuesday, 11. October 2016, 00:37 (479 Views)
Unregistered

I'm terribly sorry if this has been answered before but couldn't find anything so i'm obliged to ask. I always get black screen (no terrain ) on the website every time I open it. The only thing to fix it seems to be to press the "clear local storage option. I have tried deleting my whole browser history (chrome) and also I have removed adblocker. It always seems to regress back to black screen once I restart my PC and the day has reset on the game. I also get the "daily timestamps have expired error once i get into the page. Any suggestions ??
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Edit 2: I just noticed you weren't talking about the overlay. You might have accidentally turned off the map terrain. To show terrain tiles again, right click the map then "Map" > "Toggle terrain". You can also use the floor option slider from the "Display" popup menu on the top right corner of the map pane.

Edit 1: Okay don't delete your cache yet, I think I've fixed the problem after putting a verification in the checklist clearing code. Try refreshing ("≡" then "Reload") on the overlay and see if it works.

Which GW2Navi version are you using, Chromium, IE, or gw2route?

GW2Navi Chromium and gw2route use their own included browser, while GW2Navi IE relies on your Window's Internet Explorer. Wiping your Chrome browser's storage won't affect the overlay. I wrote the clearing instructions under the "Website is not responding." section of the troubleshooting.

I still haven't figured out what caused the no terrain and halt bug, so the only solution right now is the clear the overlay's cache. If you still have problems then continue posting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Thank you very much for the quick response, I haven't disabled the terrain, I tried disabling and enabling it again before but it didn't seem to fix the issue. Another problem that I've noticed is the one at the image below . I get this issue only when I zoom in at max value and I have the floor slider on that specific setting. I have also tried playing with the slider to fix the initial problem but has no effect. I'm thinking that is an issue with chrome but I'm reluctant to uninstall and install again. It seems that the issue doesn't appear if I start the website in incognito mode.

Image : http://imgur.com/a/HfOOQ
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Does the website work fine on other browser like IE/Firefox? What version of Chrome are you using? Can you give me a screenshot of the black screen? On the website, press F12 to open Chrome's Developer Tools, then F5 to reload the site, does the tool give any error messages?

Don't worry about the weird looking tiles at Mount Maelstrom and across, it's a visual bug with Anet's map tiles, which I already reported.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The black screen I get is the one with the stars and the message on the top left corner that " if you see this message it might still loading , report etc etc". For some weird reason today after the daily reset it didn't do it, but i'll keep my eye out in case it does again to take the screenshot. I dont use IE or firefox , on IE though it works fine . Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 m (64-bit)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Ok it seems that the past 3 days it hasn't happened again. I will keep monitoring though. Thanks again for the response.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GW2Timer.com - GW2 - Guild Wars 2 · Next Topic »