Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Trap Labs - a game I made based off StarCraft bounds; looking for feedback on my work in progress game
Topic Started: Wednesday, 14. December 2016, 05:03 (496 Views)
TrapLabs
Unregistered

I know this forum is very dead. I'm just wondering if admin can direct me to people or bounding community that might be interested in play testing my game?

I have a work in progress game called Trap Labs that is pretty much based around the bounding mechanics. I was hoping I could get some feedback regarding the feel of the game

You can download the game here. It's pretty self explainitory, and control is exactly the same as StarCraft bounds. You just click and go! Just note that there is no sound, and multiplayer has been disabled

I know it looks very different from starcraft but I assure you the fundamental mechanics is exactly the same, plus I have more traps than just simple explosions. The trap doors are essential what exploding units are, that triggers on an interval.

If you are interested in the game you can read more about it here

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Full gallery is available from here

thanks admin!
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I see that you already posted to Staredit.net, and that's the only site left I could think of that's still relatively active for SC1. The screenshots look good and do remind me of bounds.

At first I thought you made a mobile game, but it's actually for desktop. I think you could gain a bigger userbase if you port or recreate the game in those more popular platforms, like Android/iOS, or just StarCraft II. I'm certain if you hosted the game on SC2 bnet you'll get some players. For such small games, people may be reluctant to download/install it, as for me at least I'd prefer to play it on a browser or a phone.

Since the game is free, maybe you could post in the Steam forums to get an opinion, there being a huge community of gamers. Good luck with your project.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TrapLabs
Unregistered

Hi Drant, thanks for the reply.

thanks for the suggestions I do intend for this to be on mobile platform, that's why this is foremost single input (instead of arrow keys). I'm building it on Windows for now for the convenience factor but my code is portable. Because I'm looking for feedback fairly early I didn't think people would install on their phones anyways for an incomplete game.

I've attached two more screen caps that are more reminiscent of bounds. Would you be interested in to providing me with some feedbacks? There are more of these ingame and have patterns that were not possible in Starcraft maps. I can also provide you with an Android build if want a phone build.

Anyways thanks again for the reply! I also going to be putting it up on steam greenlight soon so I'll get some feedback from there as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Renaka Forum · Next Topic »