Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Pact Supply Network Agent daily offers
Topic Started: Friday, 6. January 2017, 08:46 (2,326 Views)
Drant
Member Avatar

The list that shows the daily recipe sheet offered by each Pact Supply Network Agent NPC will no longer be updated. All other Pact Supply features will still be available from the dashboard.

The reasons for discontinuing the daily offers feature:

• A full year record of recipes offered has been collated. The recipes offered are random, at least in terms of the day-of-year pattern.
  • The trading post is (currently) saturated with recipes such that they're less than 5g, so you may be better off instead buying about 6 Pact Scout's Mapping Materials from each vendor instead and wait for the Frostgorge Sound map reward week.
  • Collecting the recipe data cost me about 18 silver and 10 minutes per day, and the two reasons above seal the decision.

You may ask if it's possible to simply let the website's users to submit the daily recipes, but the website is client-based (HTML/JS only), with a pseudo-database that I upload/update daily. If anyone wishes to keep recording these offers and posting them to a public Google Docs themselves then please be my guest.

I hope that you have enjoyed previewing the recipes and have acquired every account bound ones that you had yearned for.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dharkon
Unregistered

Thank you for your time and effort put into updating this and keeping it current every day. I honestly thought it was all done automatically and didn't require daily intervention. Your work is much appreciated. Thanks again!
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I've now changed the Pact Supply daily offers list so it pulls data from a public Google Docs spreadsheet. Open this spreadsheet by clicking the "Update" link from the Pact Supply dashboard; the instructions on how to use it are within the spreadsheet. Anyone can edit the green shaded portion of the spreadsheet, which are to hold ID numbers of the recipes with respect to the merchant's name.

Since I will no longer be updating the list, please use this spreadsheet to update and verify the items offered so people who still haven't gotten a chance to purchase the account bound items can finally do.

Unregistered

Thanks for this. I have one issue/suggestion though. If people are not updating the entire list at once, the expired items still show and they are indistinguishable on the web page. Is it possible to either auto-delete the data itself, or not show expired items in the web page? If neither is feasible, it might help if you added instructions to delete the entire list of expired items first before updating with new entries.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

Individual item timestamps was suggested before but I didn't add it, wanting to keep the spreadsheet simple. Now that the contributed updates seem less frequent, I've added the timestamp cells below the IDs. Note that the date is in UTC, so if you are in the US and your local time is 6 PM (after daily reset), the time in Europe is actually a day ahead.

Please don't delete old cells; if you don't update them they will be marked as "Expired" on the website's list. Even if the item is expired, their name also serves as a clickable link to the merchant's current map location.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unregistered

Thanks for doing that. I saw today's list was already updated but the editor did not get the UTC conversion and left the date as 14, this left the web page saying the items were expired although they are current. I fixed that for today, but I guess we will see if this is a temporary learning curve.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

The date on the top right corner is generated by Google Spreadsheets, it should be the current UTC date and is for contributor reference only.

The website uses the dates below the IDs, which must be manually entered by contributors.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GW2Timer.com - GW2 - Guild Wars 2 · Next Topic »