Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
GW2Timer Overlay - Bossalert
Topic Started: Thursday, 19. October 2017, 23:46 (87 Views)
Kamikaze

Hey,

I've installed GW2Timer Overlay 5 Days ago. I set up 4 alerts for bosses. I also tried to export the settings and import into web app. On the web app the alert is working, but in the overlay I do not hear anything.
Could anyone help? :)
Edited by Kamikaze, Thursday, 19. October 2017, 23:47.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drant
Member Avatar

I ran the overlay and the sound works for Subscription and Checklist alarm modes. Clicking on the map then entering "/speak test" does make the sound. Note that the overlay uses a local speech synthesizer, so it sounds robotic unlike the website's voice.

Did you set the alarm on? Can you try the speak command? What Windows version, Java version? Did you change the site's language to something? Did you check the overlay's volume in the system's volume control?

Kamikaze

I think i was wrong.. I thougt the app will do a short sound when a subscribed event is happening, but it was another tool.. lol

So am I right that in gw2timer is only a text-to-speach sound?
A customizable sound would be nice.

Sorry for wasting your time :c

Drant
Member Avatar

The site speaks the boss' name and time when it's about to start, I don't plan to make a simple "ding" sound as an alternative, as it would be too simple and ambiguous considering the number of events.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GW2Timer.com - GW2 - Guild Wars 2 · Next Topic »